Are You Suffering with Acute or Chronic Shoulder Pain?
Shoulder Pain Relief in Manalapan New Jersey
Our shoulders are amazing! This ball and socket joint system includes an upper arm or humerus, shoulder blade or scapula and collar bone or clavicle, not to mention the ligaments, muscles and tendons that provide movement and support. It has the largest range-of-motion, allowing us to twist, reach, throw and carry a great deal of weight. With so many functions, the shoulder can become injured, especially if structural and muscular imbalances exist. Unfortunately, many people suffer with acute or chronic shoulder pain, and are now seeking shoulder pain relief. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), shoulder pain affects 9% of adults in the US.
We use our shoulders all day long, often with little thought. We wake up and stretch, brush our teeth and hair, put on a sweater or shirt, reach for food in the cabinet, place a seatbelt across our chest and go on our merry way. Each activity involves the shoulder to some extent.
And then, perhaps while texting, playing sports, painting or writing on a blackboard, a little shoulder pain or discomfort is experienced. It may be difficult to sleep on your side, lift your child or grandchild, drive or enjoy hobbies. Now is the time to seek care - before it becomes worse and affects your mood, productivity and responsibilities.
Many people in Manalapan, Marlboro and the surrounding towns come to Manalapan Spine Care and Rehabilitation suffering with shoulder pain. The first step is to sit down with a member of our Healthcare Team and discuss your symptoms. We want to know how long you have been suffering, and how it affects your life. Are you able to sleep? Does pain prevent you from completing your daily activities? Are you experiencing mild, moderate or severe shoulder pain?
There are many symptoms associated with shoulder problems, in addition to pain. Some people experience restricted movement in the shoulder and/or arm, feel a numbness or tingling down the arm, or hear a popping, grinding or clicking sound with movement.
Why are you Suffering with Shoulder Pain?
There are many causes or factors associated with acute or chronic shoulder pain:
· Structural Imbalances and Misalignment
· Muscular Imbalances and/or Weakness
· Sustaining an Injury: Automobile accident, slip-and-fall, sports injury, yanking of the arm.
· Repetitive/Overuse Activities: Swimming, dancing, playing golf or tennis, painting, etc.
· Poor Posture: Improper techniques when lifting, pushing, pulling or carrying, and using electronic devices (text neck, phone slump).
· Prior/Current Health Concerns (Arthritis)
Whether you are experiencing pain between the shoulder blades or at a specific point on your shoulder, it is vital to determine the root cause, in order to seek shoulder pain relief and prevent a recurrence. Shoulder pain may stem from another area - known as referred pain (such as the neck or back).
Shoulder Pain Relief Begins with a Correct Diagnosis
At Manalapan Spine Care and Rehabilitation, we conduct an in-dept health history, along with performing diagnostic tests. At our multi-specialty Clinic, we offer various tests and evaluations, which are conducted by our Chiropractor, Nurse Practitioner, Physical Therapist, Acupuncturist and Certified Massage Therapist. Once we review the findings, it is discussed with the patient, so that shoulder pain relief can begin. Some suffer with mild to severe shoulder pain due to:
· Rotator Cuff Tear
· Labral Tear
· Bicep Tears
· Frozen Shoulder
· Shoulder Impingement
· Shoulder Dislocation
· AC Joint Sprain
· Muscle Strain
· Shoulder Fracture
Shoulder Pain Treatment Options:
At Manalapan Spine Care and Rehabilitation, our multi-specialty approach to health and wellness may be the answer you have been looking for. We customize a treatment program that includes some of the following shoulder pain treatment options:
· Chiropractic: Dr. Paul Battipaglia provides various therapies and treatments:
1. Spine and Joint Manipulation (manual therapy)
2. Manual Traction
3. Trigger Point Therapy
4. Soft Tissue Therapy
5. Stretching Techniques
7. Electric Stimulation
9. Moist Heat Therapy
10. Transcutaneous Electric Nerve Stimulation (TENS)
11. Postural Education/Counseling
12. Topical Gels/Creams
· Physical Therapy: Faiz Habashy, DPT strives to reduce inflammation and eliminate pain, increase muscle strength and range-of-motion, promote healing and restore function. His patient-centered care offers various techniques and modalities, such as:
1. Manual Techniques
3. Myofascial Release
4. Soft Tissue Massage
5. Therapeutic Exercises (Stretching, Strengthening, Low Impact Aerobics)
8. Kinesio Taping
9. Patient Education, Activity Modification and Home Care
· Acupuncture: There is some evidence that acupuncture may improve function and help to reduce pain by releasing blocked energy (qi) flow in the shoulder area.
· Therapeutic Massage: Therapeutic massage often helps to lower stress, enhance blood circulation to the area, reduce swelling, increase range-of-motion and promote healing.
· Medical: Holistic pain control and nutritional guidance are available.
Prevention is essential, especially if your occupation or hobbies require extensive use of the shoulder. Shoulder pain affects men, women and children of all ages, athletes, weekend warriors and those who are not as active as they would like to be. To keep your body strong and healthy, please maintain structural and muscular balance by scheduling regular wellness visits at Manalapan Spine Care and Rehabilitation. Let us help you in your search for shoulder pain relief by creating a customized shoulder pain treatment program. Call 732-972-5900 and schedule a Free Consultation today. Free local transportation is available.
HEAR FROM OUR PATIENTS
“After having surgery for a labrum tear in my right shoulder, it was recommended to me to go to Manalapan Spine Care for my rehab. Despite there being numerous clinics closer I decided to take the advice of people I trust. I am very glad I did. The treatment I got was first rate but the most important part was it was done in an extremely comfortable environment. The staff and owner were very friendly and walked you through every step. They were also very accommodating to your specific needs. There was one exercise that I found very uncomfortable and the staff immediately changed my routine to suit my needs. I’d recommend MSC to anybody in need of physical rehab.”
- Steven L.